Shape Your Legend in EA SPORTS UFC 4
In EA SPORTS UFC 4 the fighter you become is shaped by your fight style, your achievements, and your personality. Develop and customize your character through a unified progression system across all modes. Go from unknown amateur to UFC superstar in the new Career Mode, experience the origins of combat sports in two all-new environments; The Kumite and The Backyard, or challenge the world in new Blitz Battles or Online World Championships to become the undisputed champ. In gameplay, fluid clinch-to-strike combinations offer more responsive and authentic stand-up gameplay, while overhauled takedown and ground mechanics deliver more control in those key phases of the fight. No matter how, or where, you play EA SPORTS UFC 4 puts ‘you’ at the center of every fight.
With more control in striking, Real Player Motion Technology elevating two-player grappling exchanges, the new submission system, and a devastating ground and pound overhaul, players will feel every phase of the fight in EA SPORTS UFC 4.
- Fluid Clinch Control: UFC 4 introduces Real Player Motion Technology (RPM Tech) into the art of the ‘clinch’, creating a fluid experience driven by positioning and physical context. Utilizing this technology, the clinch is integrated as part of the striking system allowing for more fluid and frequent clinch and break moments.
- akedown Overhaul: UFC 4 introduces RPM Tech into takedown gameplay as well. With a multitude of new takedown animations, players will feel a larger spectrum of outcomes, driven by user control and fighter attributes. From power carries to clean sprawls to all new driving takedowns where players actively push or defend through the takedown attempt, fights are won or lost in these impactful wrestling moments.
- Devastating Ground and Pound: Finding ways to inflict significant damage from the ground has become the trademark of some of the UFC’s best. With the ground and pound overhaul, UFC 4 puts you in more control of postured-up scenarios, giving the striker more tools to aim and pick their spots and the defender access to more tools, like head movement and well-timed counter transitions.
- New Submissions System: The overhauled system introduces an all-new experience for the submission phase. Depending on your position, one of two new mini-games will trigger, built to offer a simplified user experience. In addition, players now have the ability to strike from the submission phase and more ways to transition submissions to accelerate the finish, or deploy high-impact slams to escape them.
- Grapple Assist: The introduction of a more intuitive control scheme allows for greater control and understanding in the ground game. Basic left-stick button inputs allow players to instantly trigger an effort to ‘get-up’, ‘submit’, or advance to a more advantageous ‘ground and pound’ position.
- Dynamic Striking Inputs: An overhaul to the control scheme allows for more controlled striking, while offering better access to a variety of combinations. Using the new mechanic, players can choose between tapping the button to strike with speed, or holding it to execute slower, more damaging, blows.
- High Impact Moments: Every fighter enters the Octagon to finish the fight. In UFC 4, players will see, hear, and feel the disorienting impact of a fight changing shot, or see face-rippling replays of devastating knockout blows that put their opponent on the canvas.
- New Commentary Team: Former UFC Light Heavyweight and Heavyweight Champion, Daniel “DC” Cormier, jumps into the commentary booth alongside UFC broadcast staple, Jon Anik, providing a fresh, new commentary experience that is entertaining, energetic and informative.
New Fighting Environments
A fighter is forged by their surroundings; whether they’re built in the streets or born out of old martial arts discipline, these new environments make the fighter… and the fight.
- The Backyard: Some of the most brutal strikers in history began with a raw past that paved the way for their professional future. In the backyard environment, you better finish the fight because out here the judge’s scorecard is the last thing anyone wants to see.
- The Kumite: An environment that pays homage to the old lore of MMA. People come to this underground temple for one reason only, to impose the dominance of their fighting discipline on any challengers.
- UFC Apex: The authentic site of Dana White’s Contender Series in Las Vegas.This unique venue captures the distinct environment, where fighters go from “contenders” to UFC professional athletes.
- Action Avenue: An outdoor amateur MMA venue, built to showcase where humble beginnings take their first steps towards future MMA glory.
Created Fighter and Vanity
The EA SPORTS UFC 4 universe is built around your fighter, and every fighter is different, from how they perform, to the personality they bring to the Octagon. Performance details like weight class and one of twelve fighter archetypes define how you fight, while over 1600 new pieces of earnable gear, over 350 emotes, and more, allow you to put your personality on display while doing it.
Connected Player Profile
Build your fighter and watch their Legend grow as you compete and earn across game modes. Completing challenges earns XP for your Connected Player Profile. The XP you earn unlocks rewards, such as custom fight tops, accessories, and player card backgrounds, which come together to showcase your personality and identity
|Release Date||14 Aug 2020|